Thursday, November 10, 2011

My new netbook got a virus before i installed antivirus, and now it won't let me install it.?

I recently purchased an Asus Eee PC netbook, a 1101HA, but before I could install Verizon Internet Security Suite on it, it caught a virus, which i believe was from a torrent site that I used to download a movie. Now when i try to install VISS, which requires me to run an executable called "Verizon_Servicepoint_Setup_RPS.exe", a process in task manager appears as verizon_servicepoint.exe, and then promptly thereafter, another task appears called "stop_verizon_servicepoint.exe" and then both processes disappear. this occurs even when I run the computer in safe mode, with networking enabled. I have Windows XP SP3 installed, and currently no security software other than windows defender. I could really use some help before this thing destroys my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment