Monday, November 14, 2011

Confrontation with co-worker with a few choice words?

My co-worker always tries to get her way at work; she has even gone to the extreme to have our manager investigated (mgr. knows nothing about it) She is an okay person until she doesn't get her way; she is known for her sarcastic remarks and attitude. I am the type of person that will overlook things until you keep pushing my ons. Yesterday, she was very snappy and rude to me when kindly talking to her about her punctuality of paperwork; I remained calm and cordial. Today, she came around like nothing happened and I was firm with her, but then she spoke very rudely to me about her timesheet not being accurate and I told her I would check on it later; she then began slamming things down and murmuring and I preceded to check on her time and confirmed the error and told her again; I would get on it later because I was i the middle of something. She got up and almost threw her chair down and that's when I told her that I didn't appreciate how she acts when she gets her way she is fine but when she doesn't she has a funky attitude like no one can have one and how she doesn't consider others and etc etc. I did use some profanity like s*** and a**, but not calling her any names; only telling her what I didn't agree with her on instances when she wanted her way and how that wasn't right. I reported the conflict to my supervisor who gave me a verbal warning and told me to never use any language like that again etc and I signed it. I did not disagree with her because she was right not to allow anyone to push my ons to that point of professionalism; however, now my co-worker has reported it to HR who is investigating it. What should I expect at this point and was it grounds for termination when my co-worker always dishes it but can't take it? Is that considered verbal abuse and what would this siutuation be considered as?

No comments:

Post a Comment