Thursday, November 10, 2011

Help... Am I protected because I have been on the pill so long?

I have been on Yasmin for 2 years and have been taking them continously except for every 3 months i don't continue and I have my period. This month I started anew pack and had break through spotting which was my body saying i needed a period my OB told me to stop the pill and resume on Sunday. WHich caused me to miss Monday -Saturday pills. I had unprotected with my husband on the 6th and 7th day after missing the pills. I was told to use other means of protection by my OB if I wanted too. But I was just told by someone that because I have been on the pill so long that I am protected and the missed pills were nothing more than my week off of the pills so I would have a period and I was perfectly fine? Anyone have any advice on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment